Monday, December 3, 2012

I LOST MY LIFE TO FEAR

Found this poem, it definitely pinpoints all the different areas where fear plays a role in my life.  Some places that I don't know if I'm even fully aware or willing to accept that it is what cripples me from moving forward and experiencing new things. 

I Lost My Life To Fear
Fear in the midst of the night
Fear in broad daylight
Fear of what could happen
Fear of what did happen
Fear insinuating my every day
Fear controlling all that I say
Fear governing me as I sleep
Fear deriding me as I weep
Fear that puts my sanity at steak
Fear that prays for me to break
Fear that strikes me with perplexity
Fear with a recipe of complexity
Fear that deprived me of exhilaration
Fear that admitted me to frustration
Fear that is prevailing my mind
Fear that manipulates humankind
Fear that was unveiled in my DNA
Fear that still holds my life today      

No comments:

Post a Comment